LOM Week 1 – September 27th/28th
LOM Week 2 – October 4th/5th
LOM Week 3 – October 11th/12th
LOM Week 4 – October 18th/19th
- For LG Leaders (click on link to view in a pdf)
Kids On Mission Six-Week Series Kicks Off THIS WEEKEND + Service Time Change Sunday Night!
Thank you for another GREAT weekend! We had 12 NEW families come through our doors and 376 children in our Early Childhood classrooms last weekend (1,058 total throughout Parkview Kids). WOW!!!! We cannot do this without YOU, thank you for being a part of what God is doing at Parkview!
We are SUPER EXCITED to kick off “Kids on Mission” this weekend to go along with our “Life on Mission” series. Over the next six weeks, our kids will be going on a mission, a superhero mission. But this mission isn’t from us…this mission comes straight from GOD and we get to be a part of it. Get ready for TONS OF FUN! You can review all the fun-filled activities Lisa Dorman put together by clicking here .
PLEASE MAKE NOTE, There is a service time change for THIS WEEKEND’S Sunday night service (Sept. 28). Sunday night’s service will start at 5:30pm instead of 5:45pm — to accommodate more time for service prior to the Tim Hawkins event. We will open for our Parkview families at 5:10 pm. That means our Sunday night huddle will start at 5:00 pm, please mark your calendar if you volunteer or attend the Sunday night service. Thanks!
YOU are making a difference! Check out this testimony that just came in this week. Thanks for sharing Adrienne!
“I just wanted to tell you all about this GREAT story from one of the new families who was here this past weekend. Carolyn said her daughter (Alexis) went in kicking and screaming and came out smiling! Yea!! She also said that she had been misbehaving on the way to church and her mom said if she would behave she’d take her to get ice cream, but she kept misbehaving.. so her mom said no ice cream. After church, Alexis said “Mommy, aren’t you supposed to forgive me when I’m being bad and I forgive you, too?” Her mom was so happy that she even brought it up because she (Alexis) had never talked like that before. She didn’t realize that we did curriculum and talked to the children about God and Jesus (She thought they just colored and did crafts). So I told her that we did do curriculum and told her about the website. Mom ended up taking the daughter out for ice cream because she was so happy her daughter learned that! Such a great story! Thought you’d enjoy! :) ” Adrienne Trent, Parkview Kids, First Impressions Coordinator
Please be in prayer for all the families that will be coming through our doors this fall and THANK YOU for all that you do and who you are. It’s an honor to serve with you.
BIG hugs and much love,
“You are the light of the world, let your light shine in front of others.” Matthew 5:14-16
Some kids have grown up hearing the song, “This Little Light of Mine, I’m going to let it Shine!” but do they truly know what it means to shine their light? Over the next six weeks, our kids will be going on a mission, a superhero mission. But this mission isn’t from us…this mission comes straight from GOD.
Memory Verse: “You are the light of the world…Let your light shine in front of others. Then they will see the good things you do. And they will praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16 (NIrV)
Parkview Kids … ON MISSION!
Last weekend we handed out our NEW Team t-shirts. WOOHOO!!!!! If you did not receive yours yet, you can pick it up on your next serve date.
THANK YOU for a great beginning to the school year. Our teams’ energy level is HIGH and all the children have been connecting and it all starts with YOU. Thank you for your dedication to God’s little ones!
Here are the TOP 3 Things I need you to know this week:
1. If you are in charge of preparing the white bags for children, please put the first AND last name on a bag when we have two children with the same first name. We’ve had a few instances where parents will pick up the wrong bag even though you may have the initial of the last name on bag. I’m sure you can imagine the disappointment to not receive their child’s craft. Please be sure to put the full last name when we have two children with the same first name so we can avoid that happening in the future. Thanks!
2. Are you on Facebook? I’d love to connect with you and add you to our private EC Facebook group. It’s a great tool to hear about news in real time. Let’s connect online, friend me up! Click here
3. Drum roll please…..We will have 10 Christmas services this year! I know you’re thinking…what??? It’s only September??? Well, I thought you’d like to be the first to know what Parkview has planned for this Christmas season. Here’s the schedule for the 10 Christmas services. If it’s your normal weekend to serve you will automatically be scheduled in for Christmas. We will also do a recruitment for Christmas helpers. This allows our weekly team members to have some time off to rest and recharge.
Saturday, Dec. 20: 3:45 pm & 5:45 pm (regular weekend schedule)
Sunday, Dec. 21: 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 5:45 pm (regular weekend schedule)
Monday, Dec. 22: NONE
Tuesday, Dec. 23: 5:00 pm & 7:00 pm
Wednesday, Dec. 24: 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm
Let’s continue to go beyond the call of duty and make this our best year yet as we reach out to our community each weekend, encourage parents and minister to children through loving touch, encouraging speech and appropriate play.
RISE UP, you are more than you know!
BIG hugs and much love,
“God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 NLT
1. Our first ever all Church Volunteer Rally, Monday, September 8th was a HUGE success! It was jam-packed with over 900 people in attendance. THANK YOU for making this one of our best events ever! It was nice to remember the inspirational evening with a photo and PT strolled by just in time to join us for a team pic! See above and below for some pics and if you missed out we’ll all get together again soon.
2. Opportunities await! For this Saturday we are in need for two more adults @ 3:45 and one more adult at 5:45pm. This Sunday, Sept. 14th, we could really use two more adults at the 11am service. Please reply or fill yourself in the schedule for an important role. Thanks so much!
3. It’s that time of year! Every September we have new team t-shirts for all of our team members. We will have these available for pick up on your next serve date. Please do your best to arrive at least 30 minutes before the service. These will be distributed duirng our huddle time. All volunteers receive one free t-shirt, if you request a second we kindly ask for $5.00 to offset the cost. Thanks!
4. Visitor Postcards – Please be sure to put the first AND last name of a child if you write out a Visitor Postcard. I had two from this past weekend with a first name only. : ( We have over 300 children coming through our six Early Childhood classrooms every weekend so it’s imperative a last name is on the card so we can address and mail. Thank you for understanding.
5. Volunteer of the Week is coming soon! We are making a few updates and we’ll be back to putting a weekly spotlight on our awesome team members in the next few weeks!!!
Thank you for being a part of what God is doing at Parkview. See YOU soon!
BIG hugs and much love,
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8 (NIV)