Christmas Services – Lesson Plans click link here
Christmas Services – Lesson Plans click link here
To say Christmas is busy is an understatement. I realize you may be rushing around with last minute details for this month so here’s our TOP THREE things to know this week…
1. We are 8 days away from kicking off our TEN Parkview Christmas services at the Orland Campus! If you are serving during Christmas please note there will be no huddles. We need you to arrive 45 minutes before the Christmas services to sign in, find your room assignment and huddle with your team in the classroom. We all need to be ready to go earlier than usual as we’ll be opening 30 minutes early for the children. (Christmas services only)
2. Meet last weekend’s Volunteer of the week…Trisha Clyde! Trisha joined our team in June and serves every week at 3:45pm and at other services when she is available. She is dedicated, strong and is always willing to go with the flow. She also assists with large group worship. She has a huge heart for the children and we are so grateful to have her on our team. Thank you Trisha, the best is yet to come!
Volunteer of the Week will be on hold until mid January.
3. God is going to use you to do great things this Christmas season. Please take 1 minute out of your day to watch this video and hear some encouragement from other children ministry friends.
THANK YOU for being a part of God’s exciting work at Parkview!
BIG hugs and much love,
Let’s Celebrate! Meet last weekend’s Volunteer of the Week…Chris Fischer!
Chris joined our team almost a year ago and serves every week at 9:00am. He is kind, patient, fun, encouraging, dependable and ready to greet the children each week. We recently expanded his role to a Team Leader as he sets a great example for others to follow. We are very grateful to have him on our team. Thank you Chris, the best is yet to come!
Who will be this weekend’s volunteer of the week? Stay tuned ….
Here’s the top 3 things I need you to know this week:
1. This is the busiest month of the year for everyone. As a result, we have a BIG need for more adults tomorrow, Saturday, December 6th at the 3:45 service and Sunday, December 7th at 9:00am and 5:45pm. If you are available please let me know asap by sending me a text at 708.257.8868 or just come in this weekend. We need YOU! We average 10 -15 new families every weekend and with the kick off the Christmas series we are expecting more families.
2. Please remember, you can always review the fun-filled activities and details Lisa puts together for the weekends at: http://parkviewec.wordpress.com/category/curriculum/
3. Be an explorer. See things as fresh and new. Children will pick up on your enthusiasm. Expand your interests. Ask open-ended questions (I wonder what will happen if…how did you do/make that?). Respect children’s ideas, feelings and thoughts. HAVE FUN! Don’t worry if something doesn’t work out as planned. Reflect and learn from your experiences.
I look forward to seeing many of you this weekend! THANK YOU for being a part of what God is doing at Parkview. We have the best team ever!
BIG hugs and much love,
November Weeks 2 and 3 – 2’s and 3’s – November 8th/9th and 15th/16th
November Weeks 2 and 3 – 4’s and Clubhouse – November 8th/9th and 15th/16th
November Weeks 4 and 5 – 2’s and 3’s – November 22nd/23rd and 29th/30th
November Weeks 4 and 5 – 4’s and Clubhouse – November 22nd/23rd and 29th/30th
December Weeks 1 and 2 Lesson Plan – 2’s and 3’s – December 6th/7th and 13th/14th
December Weeks 1 and 2 Lesson Plan – 4’s and Clubhouse – December 6th/7th and 13th/14th
Let’s Celebrate! Meet Volunteer of the Week…Mary Jo Jobb!
Mary Jo joined our team this year and serves every other Sunday at 11:00am in the yellow room. She is also on the greeting team at Parkview. Mary Jo is always willing to do whatever role and does them all well, has a go-with-the-flow attitude and is very patient. Her love for the children shines bright, she has a great attitude and we love having her on our team. Thanks Mary Jo, the best is yet to come!
Who will be in the spotlight this weekend? Stay tuned…
We will start recruiting for extra Christmas helpers this weekend and next weekend. Please do not fill out the volunteer card in the bulletin. If you are available to help at any of our ten Christmas services at the Orland Park campus, please go online to add yourself in for an important role. Or you are welcome to contact me directly.
Our Parkview offices will be closed this week Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
THANK YOU for being a part of what God is doing at Parkview. I am amazed and grateful every day that I get to work with such an incredible team. YOU are making a difference in the lives of so many.
I pray you have a wonderful week and enjoy this special time with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into God’s presence with singing!
Know that the Lord is God! It is he that made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him, bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures for ever,
and his faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100
I look forward to seeing many of you this weekend!
With much love and gratitude,
Let’s Celebrate! Meet our Volunteer of the Week…Kelly Nicholson!
Kelly joined our team almost two years ago and her role has expanded to a Team Leader. She serves every Sunday at 9am in Clubhouse B and leads large group. Kelly is fun, energetic and does a phenomenal job relating to the children. She sets a great example for others to follow. Thank you Kelly, the best is yet to come!
Who will be this weekend’s Volunteer of the Week? … stay tuned!
Training Tip from Takeout training: You’re never alone when you lead God’s little ones. God’s right there with you. So it’s logical that there will be times when he interjects a situation he can use to teach or reach someone in your class for his purpose. (and don’t be surprised if that someone is you!) Open your heart to God as he uses you. After all, he’s the Master Teacher!
Keep a journal of God moments in your life, both in and out of your classroom. Maybe it’s a chance meeting with an old friend who needs a word of encouragement. Or maybe it’s a time in class when the lesson needs to stop in order to attend to the needs of a hurting or confused child. The more you see God working in your life, the more you’ll expect to see him!
Our Early Childhood Volunteer Appreciation party was a BLAST Monday night. We enjoyed LOTS of pizza, desserts and had some fun trivia questions for everyone. TEN people won the trivia prizes, we laughed, we enjoyed time together and we loved. The frigid temperatures did not stop us from celebrating our awesome team!
Lisa and I are so grateful for each of you sharing your time, talent and energy with God’s little ones. We were already talking today about when we could do something like this again!
We are very thankful for EVERYONE on our team. THANK YOU for being the best team ever!
Enjoy browsing through some photos from Monday night…
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25